NEBOSH National General Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
This course is ideal if you are working in construction, civil engineering, utilities, facilities, broadcasting, property management or other sectors, and need health and safety qualification to progress your career.
Our course is split into three units:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems - Act
Unit NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction site hazards and control
- Vehicle and plant movement - hazards and control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and control
- Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and risk control
- Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
Health and Safety practical assessment
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety qualification.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated Student Support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
Throughout your training, you will be able to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge by contacting our experienced tutors by phone, email or Skype.
No health and safety knowledge is needed however NEBOSH recommends you have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2, GCSE or equivalent.
Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 6 months1 .
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Your first course materials will be sent when you enrol so you can start straight away. You then have the freedom to progress when and where you wish, with support available from experienced tutors.
When ready, you can book your examination at a regional centre.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass two written examinations and a practical assessment.
Examinations are held at venues throughout the UK, at selected times*.
For the practical assessment, you will need to conduct a risk assessment and submit a report.
for NEBOSH exam and invigilation fees
When you have successfully completed this course:
- You could use your health and safety skills as part of your current job.
- You could join an organisation in a general health and safety role.
- You could join an organisation within the construction industry in a health and safety role or organizations where the health and safety role includes managing construction related activities and contractors.
- You can apply to become an Associate Member of IOSH, using the letters ‘AIOSH’ after your name. The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH.
- You can apply to become an Associate Member of IIRSM, using the letters ‘AIIRSM’ after your name.
The law says that every organisation must provide safe systems of working for their staff. To achieve this, many employ their own health and safety advisor. The health and safety role is particularly important in a construction environment.
Successfully complete this course and you could work in health and safety as part of your current role. Alternatively, you could become an advisor and help meet the requirements of clients and principal contractors when working on other people’s premises or sites.
There are 2 ways you can enrol
- Pay in one sum of £535* and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of £85* now, then 9 instalments of £50
Alternatively, call Freephone 0800 977 4007
for NEBOSH exam and invigilation fees